Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day

One of the ladies from Apples of Gold gave me this easy brisket recipe. Last night, I marinated the meat and this morning, before heading off to church, I placed it in the oven for a few hours. When we came home from church, it was practically ready. 

Easy, simple, and better than going out for lunch.
Mothers Day Brisket
The sides were super easy too, especially since I'm still making Cheyenne's food a few weeks in advance. It's nice to have healthy options ready at a moments notice. The green beans were an organic can product, the potatoes were made in advance, and fresh farmers market greens and tomatoes.

I've also started making our ground beef and chicken in advance. So during the work week, I don't have to worry about it. It saves me anywhere from ten to forty minutes, not to mention one less pot I have to wash.

Well, I hope all the mommies out there have a wonderful day. We love you and appreciate you!

No comments:

Post a Comment