Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lakeside Run

Distance: 10.5 miles
Duration: 1:43:02
Average Pace Per Mile: 09:48 (the same as last week)
Temperature: 44 degrees
Wind: SE at 8 mph
Notes: I'm so glad I wore my sunglasses, especially with the glare of the sun hitting the lake.
                   Running Lakeside
Yesterday evening, I mapped out a new route. Well, it's kind of a new one. I've ran parts of it before. One reason I think this may become one of my favorite routes is because there are several rest stops and they have more than just porta potties, they have concrete walls and restroom stalls! Exciting right?
This new route is just what I needed. I love running the trail, but I needed something fresh. Running near the lake is always peaceful. Although, traffic is minimal in that area, there are a ton of cyclist. It's a cyclist mecca...I guess. If you ask me...(lately) it's been a brown, dead, wintery ghost town around here.

To make my point, here is a creek I passed. Spring, hurry up and get here because I need green grass and pretty flowers to look at when I run!
                   Creek

No comments:

Post a Comment