Monday, March 22, 2010

I'm So Proud of Trey!

For the longest time, Chad has been working out five days a week at the gym. And for the longest time, he's been inviting Trey to join him. Well, guess what Trey's been doing? Yeah, last week he worked out with him. They've been working out before sunrise.

Today, Trey signed up and got a gym membership and he has no plans of stopping. He's working out five days a week. Lifting weights three times a week and two days a week doing cardio (swimming). This is the same man that tried running with me a few years ago and complained less than half a mile into it, saying that his legs were going to snap and fall off. I could not be happier that he is working out and it's even better that he has an accountability partner. I've already thanked Chad like five times.

Trey is also starting to look at his diet. This past weekend, we made a trip to GNC. We got him some vitamins and also a post workout protein drink called AMP Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60. That drink is so good! I'm think I'm going to start taking it too after my long runs, but only half a cup of it.

Earlier today, Trey called and said he had salmon for lunch. What? ReallY? I'm really happy for him and it's only been a week, but I can already tell a difference in his attitude. I'm so use to me being the "healthy one"...but this morning I woke up and Trey had just got home from the gym. I was about to do some cross training on the elliptical, since Cheyenne decided to sleep in this morning. I was getting my water and about to start stretching and Trey was eating oatmeal with bananas and making his protein shake. What I'm trying to say is...I'm not use to this new version of Trey, but I like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment