Wednesday, November 25, 2009

New & Old Traditions

We will be spending Thanksgiving in Ft. Worth with friends, since Trey is on call and our family is staying in Abilene. Trey and I thought it might be depressing, spending the day alone, but fortunately we have great friends who will have us over tomorrow for lunch. And as we are getting older and we have our own little family, it has me thinking about our new family traditions. Tomorrow morning, I will run a 10K Turkey Trot. I would love to do that every year and the good thing about that is Abilene also has a Turkey Trot every year. Last year's Thanksgiving we spent in NICU, so this Thanksgiving we have so much to be thankful for.

Today, I'm thankful for holiday traditions. Here are a few traditions I've started in the last four years:
I've made a cheese cake and a peppermint jello pudding pie. Tomorrow, that is the only thing I'm taking over to Adam and Lacey's house.

So, tomorrow I will be running a 10K race, then we'll meet up with friends at their place for a traditional Thansgiving lunch, then we'll watch the Cowboys Win the football game...and maybe I can persuade Trey to start putting up the Christmas lights.

Earlier today, when Trey got off of work, we went to the park and played. Again Cheyenne had a blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment