Monday, July 20, 2009

Running and Rewarding Myself with Blueberry (Honey) Muffins

This weekend was busy and it was hard to stick with my normal running schedule. I missed my long run, a few days ago, so this morning I made up for it. Now, this will throw the rest of my workout schedule off for the rest of the week.
               6 Mile Run
About an hour after my run, it started rainning and it's been off and on ever since. It's a nice day to be home.

Oh, I wanted to share this recipe, the official recipe name is Whole Wheat-Blueberry Muffins. I made it this morning. Erin went out of town a few weeks ago and brought back some fresh honey. Mmmmm! So, I thought I'd try this, Betty Croker recipe. The muffins weren't as sweet as I thought they'd be, but they were still good. I also found a whole wheat chocolate chip recipe that I can't wait to try.
Muffins
2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup honey
1 egg
1 cup Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
1 cup Gold Medal® whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Cascadian Farm® frozen organic blueberries (from 8-oz bag), do not thaw

1. Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup. In small bowl, mix brown sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
2. In large bowl, beat milk, oil, honey and egg with spoon. Stir in flours, baking powder and salt just until flours are moistened (batter will be lumpy). Gently fold in blueberries.
3. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups (cups will be full). Sprinkle with brown sugar mixture. Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan.

1 comment: