Thursday, July 30, 2009

On and Off Throughout the Night & Nutrition Watch

Since returning back to work, Cheyenne has been great about sleeping through the night. Occasionally, she’ll cry out in the wee hours, but I don’t mind too much because typically it’s a diaper change or an adjustment. Not a problem.

That’s the way it normally goes, however last night she kept Trey and I up --off and on throughout the night. It started at 2 am. Between 2 to 4:30 am she had two feedings and one diaper change. At 4:25 am I gave her Orajel and that did the trick and by 4:30 am she was sleeping and my alarm went off to get ready for the day. Sigh.

I dropped her off this morning at Leah’s, only for Trey to pick her up a few hours later. Apparently, Chey is running a low-grade fever and Trey would rather have her at home monitoring it, in case it gets worse. Sounds like a new tooth is coming in.

On the topic of sleep:
I don’t get the recommended 8 hours each night. I usually get 6. Well, last week I decided I would give the 8-hour sleep a try. So, far it’s been difficult. Since, I’m cranking up the mileage each month with running, it’s important that I make sleep a priority. I don’t want my immune system to be vulnerable because I’m neglecting rest.

Another area I’m watching is my nutrition. It seems like with me nursing Cheyenne and adding more miles to my training, I’m so hungry all the time! I feel like I’m constantly eating and I can’t get enough. It’s annoying and embarrassing. I think I’m going to try to eat more dense foods that will keep me full. Carbs? Whatever it is I need to change something.
-------------------------------------------------------------

I just heard from Trey and he would like me to come home. Chey's not interested in eating and she's being "moody." Poor baby.

2 comments:

  1. Hope she feels better! Poor baby :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever tried protein shakes? I started drinking them when I was pregnant with Jacob because my body just needed more fuel. I drink them as needed. I drink pro complex, and I buy it from www.vitacost.com. They mix really well with milk or water.

    ReplyDelete