Wednesday, May 27, 2009

So Much for Surprises

I am completely amazed at how talented Trey is with woodwork. For someone as skilled as him, it's a shame he doesn't own his own miter saw, so for months I've been planning on getting him one. It was suppose to be a surprise, but last weekend, he kept on and on about how he wanted one, so he could help his brother with his room remodel. I kept telling him no because I wanted to wait to surprise him, but he wouldn't give up.......so I caved and told him to go ahead and get it.

I took this picture in early April. I wanted to make sure I bought the right one, so I asked him to point out his favorite---
DeWALT Heavy-Duty 12" Double-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw.
(Trey told me this is the 10", he got the 12"--not pictured here)
Miter Saw
He used the saw Saturday and he seems very pleased. I'm excited and happy he got something he really wanted. He's looking forward to putting wainscoting in our bedroom---that will probably be a project we will tackle next year.

Speaking of projects, my compost bin is almost done. It's about 80% built. I will post pictures soon. I also need to post a picture of the headboard Trey built for the guest bedroom. He used scrap-wood from Cheyenne's nursery.

1 comment:

  1. how's your dewalt holding up, we just bought a Kobalt saw last night. I was leaning towards the DeWalt buuuut we went with the Kobalt.

    ReplyDelete