Sunday, April 26, 2009

Seminary Stride: A Fast Race

My Saturday morning started with a 5K at The Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary. I ran with a friend Amanda. This was her first 5K and we decided to run the race together.

I'm not use to racing with someone, but it was definitely a good thing. We ran the fist mile at a fast 8 minutes and 30 seconds. Once we got passed that mile marker we got into a steady pace and finished right under 28 minutes. This is the first race of the year, that was not timed with a chip, but if the official results are posted I will post them here. I'm estimating our pace per mile was 9 minutes and 30 seconds.

I think running with Amanda really helped my pace. Although, I was more aware of my running habits and had to refrain from saying, "Whoa," while running. It's a little weird, I know, but when I race I like to say "Whoa!" from time to time. I think I let one Whoa out and then decided I better not let it slip again. These little habits are common for runners. I've seen other runners spit and/or breath very loud and grunt.

This was taken a few minutes after we crossed the finish line.
post race with amanda.JPG
We all look a little crazy in this picture.
funny faces.JPG

After the race, we stayed busy the rest of the day. From there, we went home and I cleaned up to go to an Antique Mall to meet some women from the church for a light lunch, as Trey rushed off to band practice. Once we were done with that, we had an NFL draft get together at our house, with a few friends. And later that evening, we had a 2nd annual neighborhood BBQ party.

Even though our day was jammed packed, Cheyenne was such a good baby. I was very pleased. She was smiles all day long.

2 comments:

  1. Dom,

    You look great and Cheyenne is precious! I miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete