Thursday, April 23, 2009

Reconnecting with Cheyenne

I enjoyed my time away, but it's so good to be home with my family. I missed Cheyenne so much and all that worrying about her not recognizing me was a waste of time. Trey did a wonderful job taking care of her. One night, he got off work late, but he still managed to keep her on her normal schedule. I was also very appreciative that he found time to post pictures on the blog.
Spending Time Together
Lately, Cheyenne has been sleeping in late and this morning Trey went to her crib to see how she was doing. He whispered for me to take a look. When I peaked in her crib, she was talking and touching the picture I posted of us. It was the sweetest thing. I was thinking about taking it down, but since she likes it so much I think I'm going to leave it.

While I was gone, Trey's parents took Cheyenne shopping. Trey said he picked this outfit for her. He likes the way she looks in blue.
Pretty in Blue
I can't help, but notice that blue is the same Dallas Cowboys blue.
Silver Shoes
Other than reconnecting, I've been getting things done around the house, before I go back to work tomorrow.

Yesterday, I also had a chance to go running. I had an errand to run and instead of wasting gas, I figured I'd run to the Post Office drop box. Round trip, I think it was two and a half miles. It had been over a week since my last run. I was planning on running while I was in Las Vegas, but the Hilton charges 20 dollars a day to use their workout facility. Crazy! I took workout clothes for nothing, but my shoes did come in handy for all the walking. I told my boss it didn't feel right wearing running shoes for leisure walking, if she didn't think I was weird before I'm sure she's convinced now. I didn't feel safe running the streets of Las Vegas by myself and I'm sure Trey and my Mom appreciate that.

This weekend I have a 5K race, so later I want to try to do some cross training on the elliptical.

3 comments:

  1. That is a really cute outfit on chey! Even if it is DC blue :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad your trip went well. That is so sweet about cheyenne! Good luck in your 5k.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little sandals are ADORABLE! Thanks so much for running with me; I had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete