Monday, April 13, 2009

Harley and Corky

Some of you already know that Trey and I have been trying to find our 2 Welsh Corgi's, Harley and Corky, a new home. I think we first talked about the idea when Cheyenne was in NICU. Now that we have a baby and we're both working full-time, it's hard to spend quality time with our dogs.

Before we had Cheyenne, I would go running with Corky frequently and walking with both of them on a regular basis. But since we had her, we moved the dogs from inside/outside dogs to outside. It's not that we were afraid of them hurting her, we were more concerned about their shedding.

The guilt of having them as outside dogs got to Trey and I, so we placed an ad on Craigslist. The main contingent; we did not want to separate them. It took about two weeks, but we found them a great home. We ended up rehoming them to a nice couple with two daughters (a 2 yo and a newborn). I think the mom stays at home, so I think their family will have more time to commit to them. We offered to give them the dog house, but they declined, so I bet they will keep them indoors.

Trey and I both agreed, we are done with dogs. We've been there, done that and now we can move on. And for the first time since being homeowners, we have a backyard that's not occupied by pets. Trey did yard work Saturday and we even planted a maple red tree. It's been nice enjoying the backyard and this time next year Cheyenne will get to run around and play.

This season, I'm thinking about planting a small vegetable garden, but we'll see how that goes. It may be too late, but hey it's worth a try. In the past, I've successfully grown cilantro, tomatoes and basil, but that was indoors (minus the tomatoes). I will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment