Monday, February 23, 2009

The Swaddle is the Secret to a Restful Night

Cheyenne is still doing great on her sleeping schedule. Even though she’s 3 months, I’m still swaddling her. Since she was a newborn, I’ve been using the same lotion and fleece material at bedtime. So, she can associate the lavender scent and the touch of fleece with night time sleeping. I think it’s done wonders, not to mention the tight swaddle.

Since she’s moving more, I tuck a receiving blanket like a belt across the crib. Sunday morning, I found her like this. She managed to move her body from 12 and 6 o’clock to 9 and 3 o’clock. This morning she did the same thing.

Yesterday, Trey and I went walking around the neighborhood. It was so beautiful, but really bright.
Well, I told myself I wasn’t going to run at all this weekend because Cowtown is only a few days away. I planned on cross training on the elliptical, which I did, but on top of that I ended up running. Oh, well…I tried.

Sunday, Cheyenne and I had an afternoon baby shower to attend. The shower was at the church, so instead of driving there, I loaded the gift in the baby jogger and we and logged a few miles. It was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment