Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Cheyenne Always Has a Spot on the Recliner

It's kind of an unspoken thing, but the recliner is reserved for Trey. It's okay, I prefer to sit on the sofa, not a cold leather recliner, but on a few occassions I have wanted to sit there and that's when Trey gets a little territorial. So, when I see him with Cheyenne on the recliner, it makes me smile. I love watching them interact.


So, yesterday Cheyenne and I went for a 2 and a half mile run. By the way, she looked so cute, she had her sunglasses on again and she just stared at me and occasionally smiled. When we got back, I jumped on the elliptical. I thought it was an easy workout, but this morning I woke up sore. It's been a long time, since I've been sore from exercising. I'm thinking it might be because my body is accustomed to running and now that I'm back to cross training my body is like Woman, what are you doing to me?

I really want to focus on running, but at the same time I realize that if I don't incorporate other activities like biking, walking, elliptical training etc, I'm more susceptible to injury. It's just hard to do those things, when all I want to do is run. Maybe if I bike that will encourage Trey to join me. Oh wait, then who's gonna watch the baby? Hmm. Things are very different now that we're parents.

So, this weekend I watched Sprit of the Marathon with Trey. I was so excited because I was hoping it would motivate him to start running. How great would that be to go running with my husband. I must've been dreaming, because about the only thing that movie motivated him to do was to go to sleep. Yes, 30 minutes into the documentary he passed out. He later laughed at the notion of running. Sunday, we ran maybe 40 yards together and he said his legs were going to fall off. Really?

The documentary was great. I'd recommend it for anyone who has ever ran a marathon or anyone who ever inspires to run one.

On a side note, it's Tuesday and tonight I'm staying home. Yay!

2 comments:

  1. I need to remember to continue with other exercises as well! Ya'll could get a bike trailer and take Cheyenne with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea. I'm think my neighbor has one in his garage that's not being used. I bet he would let me try it out.

    ReplyDelete