Monday, February 02, 2009

Lake ------ 5K

Overall Finished 170 out of 294 runners
In my age group I placed 6 out of 9
Chip Time 33:59.6
Gun Time 34:40.7
Pace Per Mile 10:56

Race day weather was around 45 degrees so, it wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. I started the race with a hoodie and crossed the finish line with it around my waist. I was HOT, HOT, HOT!

I feel alright about my time. Before the race, Trey asked me what time I was aiming for and I said around 40 minutes. My personal record is 28 mins for a 5K, but that was before I had a baby. I'm only 2 months post partum so I'm not beating myself up for not finishing under 30. 11 minutes a mile pace isn't too bad in my book.

Well, the race was right down the street from our house, less than 2 miles away. So, it was nice discovering a new running route. I'll probably start running that route from the house to the lake, in the weeks ahead. It should be an easy 5 miles, 6 if I push it, which I should... in order to get ready for Cowtown this month. I found out, Sierenna and Gabe are walking/jogging the Cowtown 5K, so I'm glad I have friends participating. Last year, I didn't know anyone there.

Well, we ended up taking Cheyenne Saturday morning. She did fine. My sister bought her one of those overall fleece suits. I call them overall sacks. We dressed her in that, threw a hat, and a blanket on her and she was good to go.


Cheyenne really likes her baby jogger. The other stroller we used, she would always go to sleep in, but with this one she's pretty good about staying awake. Yesterday, before we had our super bowl party, we went for an easy 3 miler around the house and she stayed awake for 2 miles of it.


Trey overexposed the race pictures because he didn't see the camera was set on Manual mode. Oh, well.




On a side note, Miss Cheyenne slept through the night. Here lately, she's been sleeping through every other night.

No comments:

Post a Comment