Monday, January 26, 2009

My New Running Partner & Doing Laundry



Yesterday, Cheyenne and I went on our first run together. I went ahead and went with the Jeep Liberty Sport Urban Terrain over the Jeep Overland. The Liberty is to the left there and the Overland is to the right.


The main reason was because the front wheel on the Overland doesn't have the best turn radius. I'm glad I had a chance to compare the two side by side. Another thing I like about the liberty is I can use it as our everyday stroller because her car seat fits nice and snug.


Our first run was pretty chilly, so I bundled her up and logged 1 mile. The ride was surprisingly smooth, I guess I had this picture in my head that she would be bouncing like crazy, but she didn't. She was awake for the entire ride. Pushing a 30 pound stroller with a 10 pound baby is defiantly a workout. I ran uphill and felt the burn. I look forward to logging many miles with my new running partner. The forecast for the rest of the week should be cold. I'm hoping by this weekend it will warm up so, we can go running at Trinity Park.

Another reason why I want it to warm up by the weekend is because I have a 5K race Saturday. Hopefully this 5K will motivate me to train more seriously for the 10K next month. I'm not taking it too seriously, I just want to finish the 6 mile race without falling apart at the end. I think that's a reasonable goal. I need to get over the 5 mile mark in my workouts and get to that 6 mile mark.


Other than running, today I've been spending time doing things around the house. Jeremy and Elizabeth got Cheyenne a bumbo seat. Today it came in handy. I plopped her on top of the dryer and folded laundry and she seemed to enjoy it. Earlier, I took Cheyenne's 2 month portraits. Next weekend, Heather is coming over to take some photos for us too. Lots of pictures. The grandmas are going to love that.

Today is Trey's birthday. Happy Birthday Trey! He's 26 years old.

1 comment:

  1. she looks too cute sitting up on the dryer...happy birthday trey!

    ReplyDelete