Thursday, October 30, 2008

Welcoming the Pain…For Now

I keep telling myself I need to get with the program and pack the hospital bag, but I just keep putting it off. Surprisingly, Cheyenne’s bag is ready. Trey and I put it together about 2 weeks ago. I think we over packed her bag, but luckily all her items are small, so they don’t take up much space.

I honestly don’t see the necessity of having a pre-packed bag. After all, most labors last for hours, so what’s the rush to leave the house, just to be laboring at a hospital. I guess, every pregnancy is different, but I just imagine that they’ll be plenty of time.

*******
I know it sounds like sometimes I complain about being pregnant, but the truth is, it’s really been a great experience. The hardest part was a few weeks ago, when I was experiencing all that pelvic pain.

At my last doctors visit I was happy to tell him the pain subsided and he said, ‘its not suppose to be getting better, it should be getting worse.” So, for whatever reason, Cheyenne decided to give me a break and I’m thankful. But last night I have to admit she was being rough. On top of that, I was having some serious Braxton Hicks contractions. At the time, I thought it was the real deal and got excited, with every painful wave, but after about an hour it stopped. It’s crazy to think in the beginning, I’ll be happy about the pain, I wonder how long that will last?

No comments:

Post a Comment