Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Already Switching Co-Ops

So, a few weeks ago I posted about the farming co-op in my neighborhood. Yesterday, I was looking forward to picking up my first produce box, but apparently they won't have any produce available until next month! That's crazy!

So, I'm inquiring another local co-op. This one is a little more expensive and they have membership fees, but one of the better things is I get more produce. In fact, I think there will be too much, so I'm going to see if my neighbor wants to go in with me. I mentioned it to her last week and she seemed really interested.

In the meantime, I've been shopping at the farmers market near UTA. I like it because it's convenient, it's literally on my way home and they have the best tomatoes that are the size of my fists.

Trey teases me when I shop there, but I've got him eating a little healthier these days, so the joke is on him. This week I decided not to buy any junk food, like potato, chips, cookies and little debbie snacks. So, when he gets the urge for snacking he has started to request sliced apples with peanut butter. It's shocking, I know. Maybe next week, he'll request an all veggie casserole. In my dreams.

On a side note, I think the fence is getting a little darker each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment