Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Supporting Local Farmers

Lately, I've been researching Community Supported Agriculture and Farming Co-ops. Both offer support to local farmers, which makes me a fan. Also, I know the produce is home grown, right in my area-- not to mention, organic.

I usually have to shop at several stores just to get the produce I want. I'll start off shopping at my Neighborhood grocery store for my everyday pantry items and then I'll go to Central Market to get my organic produce.

But after researching CSA and Farming Co-ops, I decided to sign up with a local co-op. And I found out the pick-up location, is right down the street from me.

I'm going to try the Sample Box which comes with a variety of in season fruits and vegetables. I'll get to pick up my first box at the end of the month. I have no idea what will be in that box, but I guess it will make me try different things.

So, now that I'm on this organic, home grown kick, Trey rolled his eyes when I asked him if he could go to a local ranch and pick me up some fresh farm eggs. What? I've never had fresh farm eggs before, I just thought it would be nice to try them.

No comments:

Post a Comment