Sunday, August 31, 2008

Running turns into Walking and Wearing a Bikini

This afternoon, I had a chance to workout with Sarah at her apartment complex. There are a few cardio machines, including a treadmill in the workout facility.

It's been a few weeks since I've tried running, so I thought I'd give it a shot. After about 5 minutes of running at a moderate pace, I felt my knees begging me to stop. So, I went back to a fast walk mode and after a few minutes I tried to start running again, but I had the same results. I was not a happy camper, so I only walked for 30 minutes and then switched to a bike for the remaining workout.

It's really frustrating when you have the desire to do something, but your body just won't cooperate. I guess I will have to wait until after Cheyenne arrives to enjoy running again.

Afterwards, we went swimming and I know it's a strange thing to see a pregnant woman wearing a bikini, but that didn't stop me. My one piece doesn't fit anymore, so I wore my bikini shorts and a top with my belly out there for the world to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment