Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ready For Crown Molding

This nursery project started with a bang and lately there has been little to no progress.

Yesterday, Trey managed to reframe the window (again) and add small chair rail along the outside. Another new item is the shoe molding. I think the shoe molding gives it that finished look along the baseboards.

Now, he just needs to add a few more touches, mainly the crown molding and we'll be ready for paint. I want to get an estimate to see what it will cost for a professional to do it because the last time I painted, I realized it was a lot harder to cut in, especially with the textured wall.

I want to paint the walls green, but Trey suggested a dark green for the bottom chair rail and then a lighter green on the top. Supposedly, this two tone paint scheme, is common with chair rail.

So, that's where the nursery is and hopefully it'll be done in 3 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment