Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Snapshot at 4 Months

From Pregnancy


Looks like my baby bump is starting to show. For the most part, I'm still in normal clothes. However, I did purchase one pair of comfy work pants, which are 2 sizes bigger than I normally wear. I want to make sure I have room to grow and no I don't wear them everyday...not yet :) Yeah, gaining one pound since the second doctors visit, is definitely a thing of the past.

I've noticed my appetite and cravings have increased. For the most part, I pace myself throughout the day. High fiber breakfast with fruit and a small glass of orange juice, an apple mid morning, lunch, another snack at mid-day and then dinner. I stay hydrated throughout the day, but then again I've been toting water with me for years, so that hasn't changed. It's pretty easy to stay on my food routine during the work week, but the weekends can be unpredictable.

I'm still eating as healthy as I can, in fact, I've increased my vegetable and fruit intake. For the last 5 weeks, I've been eating two apples a day. Don't get me wrong, I'm human and I do succumb to some of my sugar and fast food cravings. Last week, Trey ran out at 9 pm to get me some Mc Donald's fries and the other day I HAD TO get my Taco Bueno fix.

While Trey and I were eating at Taco Bueno, I was practically moaning. I tried to explain to him that food tastes better when you're pregnant. He didn't get it. Maybe it doesn't taste better, but there's nothing like obsessing over food and then finally getting to sit down and eat it.

I'm still exercising. Now that I'm into the second trimester, I feel like running again and my doctor says it's good for me and the baby. My running pace is a lot slower, but nonetheless, I'm moving. The most I've ran in one single work out is 2 miles, which takes about 30 minutes. Last week I ran a total of 4 miles and walked 2. It feels good to be running and walking again because during the first trimester just the thought of running would make me nauseous.

I think my running during pregnancy makes some people nervous. Every time my neighbor, Wendy, sees me running she yells out, "Aren't you suppose to be walking?" I usually yell something back like, "It's okay, the doctor says it's fine, it's all good." But the bigger my belly gets the more uncomfortable it may be for me. Right now, I'm not that big, but I may have to start walking in the weeks ahead. I'm not really looking forward to that, but I'll do whatever I need to, in order to stay comfortable for the baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment