Monday, June 30, 2008

1st Annual Neighborhood Bar-B-Que & More Pictures from the Wedding

Saturday evening, just 30 minutes before the Neighborhood bar-b-que, a storm rolled in. At first I thought we would have to cancel it, but Matt and Janet said we should move the party indoors, to their house. We all agreed and an hour later 25 people showed up with food and drinks.

It was wonderful to get to know everyone in the community. We started a master list of people’s names, addresses, phone numbers, and e-mail addresses. This has already come in handy. Now I can stop referring to people by the type of car they drive or the type of house they live in. I’m so glad Trey and I initiated this community gathering. It makes me feel safer knowing that I know who lives around me and knowing that they know me.

Next year, I plan on organizing another event like this, but I’m not quite sure how it will progress with more people moving into the neighborhood.

On a side note, Nathan emailed me these pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment