Sunday, May 25, 2008

StayCation 08...T-shirt not Included

Due to ridiculously gas prices, Trey and I have opted for a staycation instead of a vacation this memorial weekend. Earlier last week, we were seriously considering going out of town, but soon re-evaluated our decision, after gas prices soared.

In case you don't know what a staycation is--allow me to explain....
Basically, it's a vacation spent at home in your own city. Doing things in your own community, and or at your house, relaxing, and basically not spending as much money.

I like the idea of saving some extra cash and leaving the car in park. This weekend, Trey and I have been getting around town on the motorcycle and scooter. Yesterday, we went to the local library. I checked out a handful of books on pregnancy and Trey and I both agreed on 4 DVD's to watch---all totaling zero dollars. Free entertainment.

This morning we hopped on the scooter and headed to church and afterwards drove to eat at Chili's. It's been a great low key kind of weekend and although it's not a typical vacation, it's been great spending quality time with Trey and enjoying our beautiful home.

No comments:

Post a Comment