Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Joes Run Race Results

The results are posted from Saturday's race.

Race Time: 00:28:14
Pace: 9 minutes a mile
There were 24 women running in my Age Group and I placed 6th
Overall By Sex: 74
Overall Place: 245

I'm not sure how many runners participated. Friday, when I picked up my packet, I was told 1,200 runners had registered up to that point, but not everyone was required to run with a chip. So, it looks like their were approximately 700 competitive runners.

So far, I'm enjoying this running journey. Some days it comes so natural and other days I feel like I'm running the hardest run of my life. The funny thing is, its usually the same distance and route.

Well, my ultimate goal is to one day run a marathon, but I'm not crazy enough to do that my first year of training. No, my next hurdle will be a 10K, then a half marathon, and then if I'm still crazy enough to consider a full marathon (after running a half) then I'll sign up.

No comments:

Post a Comment