Tuesday, April 29, 2008

After Years of Plastic, I'm going Aluminum

Well, a lot has been going on since last week. Friday, at work, I had a chance to meet the new nursing students who will be utilizing iPod's. I walked them through orientation, handing out the devices and giving them instructions on how to access video from our site.

This whole project has been a lot of work for our department. A lot of hours and energy spent on researching and troubleshooting. It feels great to know we're off to a good start.

So, the orientation is what leads me to the title of this blog entry: After years of plastic, I'm going aluminum.

After orientation, one of the students noticed I was drinking out of my famous neon green water bottle (that is literally attached to my hip). The student observed the bottle and informed me about research pertaining to 5, 6, and 7 water bottles. According to her, and research, plastics marked with those numbers can release chemicals that may cause some forms of cancer and pose other health risks. By the way, my bottle is marked 7, which is the worst of the three.

I didn't need much convincing, after I looked into the matter myself. So, I'm making the switch from plastic to an eco and healthy friendly aluminum. I haven't been able to find any 1 liter bottles at the store, so I ordered mine online. In the meantime, I'm using a coffee thermos.

Gotta have my H20.

No comments:

Post a Comment