Saturday, March 29, 2008

No Walk Breaks

From 2008 Joe's Run
I'm glad I ran this race and didn't take any walk breaks even though I really, really, wanted to. It was difficult because this race was more laid back, compared to Cowtown. There were a lot of kids that I almost plowed at the beginning. Someone should've told them to start in the middle or back because it was dangerous trying to dodge them at the start line. But then again some of those kids did pass me....

Anyways, I think the new shoes I purchased yesterday helped. Before, with my old shoes, I would run 3 miles and later feel a burning sensation on my feet. It wasn't painful, but it was discomforting and annoying.
From 2008 Joe's Run

I'm not sure if the results are posted, but it looks like I will beat my best run time by a few seconds. I really want to improve my time and possibly get my 3 mile run down to 25 minutes. It seems like a lot of time to shave off, but I think it's a goal worth shooting for.

Well, right before the race we ran into Trey's boss and his wife. They also ran the Cowtown, a few weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment