Friday, March 28, 2008

Fort Worth Running Co.

For sometime, I've been putting off buying new running shoes. Well, you've seen the pictures of my old ones. So, it was time to invest in the best piece of equipment a runner can have.

I didn't want to go to just any sporting good store, instead I went to Ft. Worth Running Company. The owner assisted me and asked me to run a short distance on the store's treadmill. The treadmill recorded my feet as I ran. After a few seconds of that I jumped off the treadmill and the guy showed me the recorded footage. Based on the recording he recommended several shoes. Typically, I'm more partial to the Nike brand, but this time I pushed all brands aside and focused on comfort, stability, and control. In the end, it came down to Saucony and Brooks. I chose Brooks. My first run with these bad boys will be tomorrow morning during my 2nd 5K race.




1 comment:

  1. One of my best sets of running shoes were Saucony. My dad is a big runner and he prefers Brooks. Both good choices.

    ReplyDelete