Friday, December 14, 2007

Sneaking-In the Spinach

Have you heard of Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook for kids, Deceptively Delicious?
It's a cookbook marketed to mother's who have kids who hate to eat healthy or in my case a very picky husband. Well, a few months ago Trey and I saw her on Oprah. After watching the episode he encouraged me to add the healthy recipes to our menu. I was so eager, I started looking for the book, but there for a while I couldn't find it at any bookstores (I think it was the Oprah Effect). Well, now I have it and this week I'm gonna to try it out.

The whole idea is to cook normal meals like eggs, pizza, quesadillas, chicken nuggets, burgers, desserts, etc. The catch is adding pureed vegetables and sometimes even fruit to the meals. Trey already told me he doesn't want to know what veggies I'm sneaking in and that's good because that's the whole idea.

I always have fresh greens in the fridge, but it's so nice knowing that Trey will be eating some too. Everyone should add color to their plate, even if you can't see it hehehehe. Let the deceiving begin.

No comments:

Post a Comment