Monday, June 04, 2007

Morning Commuter: Part II of II

Since I do commute every weekday morning, I'm constantly looking for things to keep me occupied while driving. Part I of this post inclined I would subscribe to an audio book club, but since then I've changed my mind. I am a woman, so this should be no surprise. Someone mentioned the public library and so I looked into it. I went a few days ago and walked out with two audio books and a few cd's: Jonny Lang, Liz Phair, and Yellowcard. I'm definitely going back to check out more audio books and cd's. They have a pretty good selection of Radiohead, all of which I think I own, but it’s still cool that they even have ‘em.

My primary interest, as far as reading material goes, is in classic literature....Harper Lee, Jack Kerouac, J.D. Salinger, George Orwell, Ray Bradbury, Burroughs, etc. I’ve always wanted to read a Separate Peace so I snatched that one. It’s currently playing in my car. Thus far it’s been slow, but hopefully it’ll pick-up.

As for the cd’s, I’m really into the Jonny Lang album. Good blues and soul music. It just makes me want to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment