Friday, June 08, 2007

Busting My Brain


Creating a Virtual Tour. Yes, I have volunteered to do this. In a few months I will be making a virtual tour for a new nursing building our department has added. I've been busting my brain looking for the right software.

Here I created a simple panoramic. The trick is taking this picture and adding the motion to create the feel of a 360 world.

This project has really taken me out of my comfort zone and I appreciate the challenge. If you've ever done a Virtual tour and know a great software program share the secret.

I found this one program, Stitcher Express out of the 20 plus that I've either downloaded or researched. It’s the best so far, but I'm realizing it has its limitations. I have to first use one software called Auto Stitch that blends all the separate pictures into one and then run it through Stitcher Express to create the moving tour. Doing this is no problem, but the major limitation I find is that I also want to include the ceiling and floor. For example the picture above has a whole set of photos I shot of the ceiling and floor that are not included. Blending all those photos together are extremely challenging. Even manually running them through photoshop makes for a frustrating day.

I will figure it out. It might take a few more days, but I’m determined.

If I have a chance, I’ll load the quicktime virtual tour I’ve created from this panoramic.

No comments:

Post a Comment