Tuesday, May 29, 2007

A Friend From Far Away Isn’t So Far and Work On Memorial Weekend

Film School Friend:
Unlike Trey, my highlight this past weekend was not watching the Dallas Cowboy’s Stadium take shape. Instead, I had a great time hanging out with my old friend, Cortnee.

Cortnee is a friend I went to film school with and she produced one of the short movies I directed. It was wonderful catching-up over some good food.


Work:
I had my first three-day weekend with UTA and I was surprised when I heard Trey had the weekend off too. Even though he had the weekend off he was on call, which means stand-by. So we didn’t make any plans for Monday. Sure enough that morning he receives word his services are needed out of town.

Sometime, between waking-up and brushing my teeth, he convinced me to go with him. He lured me by saying, “You can browse the downtown shops, while I fix the (whatever it was that wasn't working).” I went and 8 out of 10 shops were closed for the holiday. Even with all of that, I don’t regret forfeiting the holiday to go with him out of town. I think I had more fun acting retarded with him, even more so than if I had stayed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment