Sunday, April 15, 2007

Shacking-Up…..In A Small Space

Since I last posted, things have been moving fast. In a matter of days Trey and I will be moving to Fort Worth to start our new jobs. This weekend we made a trip to the area with Johnny and Joneil, friends from church.

Trey and I are in the process of selling our house here in Abilene and we’ve decided we’ll shack-up in an EFFICIENCY APARTMENT for a few months while we’re in FW and eventually buy a house there. I can barely believe it, but this weekend we found an apartment. When we move into our efficiency apartment I know it will be a drastic change, since our current house is over 1,600 sq feet and this apartment is only 400. Yikes! I’ll adjust and I’m looking forward to living below our means. Joneil told me she’s really proud of us because we’re not using this new job as an excuse to splurge and she said Dave Ramsey would be proud. Who cares what Dave Ramsey thinks because I’m secretly excited about living a much simpler life for a while. You wouldn’t believe how affordable our rent is, even if I told you and the surprising thing about it is that we’re in a really cool part of the city. We have access to two malls, tons of restaurants, shopping, churches, and no telling what else.

No comments:

Post a Comment