Saturday, December 30, 2006

The Year of The Great Accomplishment, Followed by Disappointments, & Finally Redemption

The Great Accomplishment
After struggling through college math courses, financial aid, and scholarship applications, I completed college in May! My mom cried, I cried, and the proud look in Trey’s eyes made me feel like we had both graduated and earned that degree.

The Disappointments
So, with a degree in one hand and the world of opportunities in the other, I was sure I’d find a job immediately. Five or six rejections later, I learned more about myself than I could’ve imagined.

Redemption
While searching for a job I started working for this production company. Four months later, I still enjoy it and enjoy the company of my co-workers. So with that being mentioned, I’ve set aside looking for another job and feel this employment may have an opportunity to afford itself.

In other highlights:

Trey and I
Trey has been amazing this entire year. Back in April I would lock myself in the guest room and study through the night. Not once, did he make me feel bad for it. He was also extremely understandable when I went a month without working. In general, Trey and I have been blessed this year. We’ve found a church home, we joined the praised and worship band, we took a financial peace class, we’ve been able to make new friends, and we’ve been pretty healthy.

Friends
This year has been somewhat of a repeat of senior year in high school. Linda my best gal pal was with me then and she came to my rescue on several occasions this year. We were both going through the same decisions and opportunities and found great comfort in talking to each other.

Daphne and Bruiser
Since I moved back from LA I’ve been able to walk the dogs at least once a week. Bruiser and Daphne also made friends with Sam, the boxer, from across the street. Trey and I love Daphne and Bruiser and thank God for their health.

Farwell, 2006 and I guess 2007 can only be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment