Monday, October 02, 2006

Not As Bad As It Looks

I've expressed my concern with several Doberman owners and dog lovers about how I can't control my 90 pound Doberman when he's on a leash. Those people and a few others told me about this training collar. I know it looks extreme and painful, but I put it on Bruiser and it's truly a miracle. The collar works!!! If Bruiser leads and begins to drag me the collar tightens and pinches him until he gives. It's a tool that many dog trainers use and I want to make clear that I don't stand there and pull him until he turns blue. I pull the collar if he wants drag me or if he wants to eat another dog, he usually gets the point by the second pull I make at the collar and stops. For the first time since Bruiser was a puppy I took him walking and later that day we even went jogging. To me this collar is more of a security blanket knowing that if Bruiser ever wanted to attack someone, I'd be able to hold him back. I doubt he would ever do that, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

To anyone who thinks this collar is cruel and unnecessary I'd say: What's cruel is having a dog and isolating it by never exposing it beyond your backyard....that's cruel.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:23 PM

    Ive used the same collar truly amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, You have my full support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11:57 AM

    I love the choke chain! It definately works! Too bad they don't make these for children!!!

    ReplyDelete