Thursday, September 14, 2006

Goodbye Sweet Summer

Back in April I posted a list of what I wanted to do during the summer break. Well, here's the list and next to it I put what I really did.

1. Lay out in my backyard
I did this a lot in May, but it was so HOT during June and July that it wasn't worth it. Besides, I rode my scooter all summer and developed a dark tan, but it sort of looked funny because my face was pale.

2. Walk my beagle more
If you've been reading my blog, you might remember the posting of Daphne when I took her walking and she refused to walk home. Oh and how can I fail to mention that I had to carry her for a mile. Saying all that, I haven't walked her much.

3. Eat healthier and put that gym membership to good use
This I did frequently and my eating habits have improved greatly. I wasn't trying to lose weight, but just by eating right and exercising I lost 5 pounds. Crazy!

4. Attend several gym classes
Didn't do this just because...

5. Buy and watch a season of South Park
Trey and I now own, something like, six seasons.

6. Play my guitar more
My acoustic guitar has only accumulated more dust, but I do play the bass every Wednesday and Sunday.

7. Get involved in a church bible study
I now attend the First Baptist Buffalo Gap's women's bible study.

8. Travel somewhere (Clyde doesn't count)
I didn't really do much traveling this summer. The farthest I traveled was South Lake.

9. Go bike riding
My sister and I rode bikes this summer, but not as much as I wanted to. Trey and I should really renew our bike membership with ABC.

10. Go camping - We didn't go camping because Trey got hurt the weekend I made reservations at a State Park.

You might think this is crazy, but the best part of my summer was waking up a five am to go to work. I really miss that, I guess because it was so nice to be awake and ready for my day when everyone else was sleeping.

No comments:

Post a Comment