Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Near Death Experience!!! (Oh the Drama)

Yesterday, I made my way home on my scooter, taking the normal route. I was counting the number of churches I pasted while driving down a one-way street. Good thing I had church on my mind because I almost died! This gas-guzzler SUV pulled out in my one-way lane driving right for me, head-on. I hit the brakes and the mad woman behind the wheel continued to drive towards me. I couldn't switch lanes because several cars were on my right. The mad woman obviously needed something to grab her attention since she wasn't stopping, so sitting there waiting for the hit, I threw my arms up in the air and yelled, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" This got her attention and she hit the brakes and backed-up. You know I really wanted to get off my scooter and walk over to her vehicle and give her a lesson in driving, but I'm not perfect by any means. Can you imagine the girl who ran the red light, last year (that would be me), giving the mad woman a lesson in driving. Give grace, where grace is needed.

This morning I was thinking what would Trey do without me, if something happened...Well, he would go on an all cereal diet that's for sure, he would fall asleep on the couch every night, and he would convert our guest bedroom to an all Dallas Cowboys room. Good thing I'm not going anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:03 AM

    Those damn soccer moms and their SUV's! I'll bet she was an oil bitchin' republican too!

    ReplyDelete