Sunday, April 09, 2006

Reading a Book on a Friday Night


Hey everyone. Well, I made it back from San Antonio. I actually won something...sort of. I got honorable mention for TV anchoring, which is really a nice way of saying I got 4th place, but I can live with that. Getting honorable mention is better than coming home with nothing. So, I went to the Alamo and all I could think of was Billy Bob Thorton...stupid pop culture. The hotel we were staying at was super close to the river walk, but still Sherri, Elizabeth and I managed to get lost. I think it was Friday night everyone from ACU wanted to go to a bookstore called Borders. We went and bought books and it must've been 10 pm that night when I was reading in the hotel room I thought "wow, I am so cool." At least it was a cool book. I bought Jack Kerouac's, Lonesome Traveler. Yes, I am a huge Beat Generation fan. So, far it's a really difficult read because the whole idea of Kerouac's style of writing is long and he has tons of run-on sentences. I also bought the book Everything is Illuminated.

No comments:

Post a Comment