Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Don't Follow Your Nose


What's going on? Well, last Sunday morning I woke up and found myself driving around my neighborhood crying. That sounds horrible doesn't it? Well, my pup Daphne has been sleeping inside the past few nights. When we woke-up Sunday morning I took her outside, in the front yard, so she could do her business. She was on her leash and I wasn't paying attention and before I knew it she was half a block away running for freedom and I was standing there with a leash and a collar with no dog. With no luck I tried to catch her as I ran in my flip-flops and pj's. I said to myself, "Screw it, I'm getting the car!" I ran back home grabbed the car and Trey and I floored it. We eventually found her 2 houses from ours. Beagles are the worst dogs to try to keep. One time I was walking her and this lady stopped me and told me she once had a beagle, but her dog was constantly running away. Beagles are the kind of dogs that follow their nose. No matter how much they love their owners they want to be anywhere their not.

No comments:

Post a Comment