Sunday, August 10, 2014

I Found My New Crew Member

Saturday, I went for an 18 mile long run. 10 miles around my neighborhood and the rest on the Trinity Trail. It took me a few hours to complete.

Amy (my run buddy) wants to meet tomorrow to run before she goes on vacation, I hope she doesn't want to go fast. I'm not sure I'll have it in me.

Someone could use a new GPS watch.
If you have any model recommendations let me know or if you'd like to donate one to me, that's cool too. I think this week, I'm going to start researching. I love my Nike TOM TOM, but lately it's been flaky. Sometimes, it stops tracking my miles, mid-run…It's like it gets stuck and thinks I'm standing still, when I'm still running. It doesn't happen every time, but it's happen enough times, for me to get annoyed.

Often when I talk with other endurance athletes we talk about how we fuel for long workouts. This has been my go-to meal before a long run:
1 cup of oatmeal, with almond milk, 1 cup of blueberries (or whatever fruit I have), and lots of cinnamon.
Some runners like to consume GU's during long runs, I do that too, but I prefer real food.
When I pack real food to eat during a LR, sometimes I pack the following:
plantain chips, nuts, almond butter wraps, or fruit.
Yesterday, I made my own sunflower - chocolate chip - dried berry - trail mix. YUM!! I didn't eat all of it and accidentally left the bag outside on the driveway. When I went to get it around 10 am, the chocolate was melted. I still ate it.

I may have found my new crew member.
This morning, Chey went for a bike ride around the neighborhood. I ran beside her for 1.75 miles. EXCITING! She wanted to keep going, but I told her that was enough for one day.

It's crazy to think that not too long ago, I was pushing her around the neighborhood in a baby stroller, now she's riding a bike.

September 27, 2010



No comments:

Post a Comment