Tuesday, August 05, 2014

Hospital Visit at Cook's & A Friend Asked Me to Try THRIVE

So, Amanda's baby, Mack was admitted to Cook's Children Hospital. He's been having breathing problems. He's been at the hospital for five days.
We made a trip to the hospital on Saturday and again, on Monday to visit him. I am praying for Mack and hoping he gets to go home, soon. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My 3 Day Thrive Experience

My nurse practitioner friend started using and selling THRIVE. I don't know a ton about the company, but from what I've looked at online, I can see it's mostly used as a weight management supplement. I know 3 acquaintances who use it.

So, my friend sent me a 3 day sample. I told her it was unlikely I would buy it, but if she wanted me to try it, I would. So, here's what happened.

Saturday.
I had a surge of energy from 8 am - noon. After that, I felt like my normal self.

Sunday
I couldn't tell that much of a difference. Business as usual.

Monday
I woke at 4:30 am to get ready for a 5 am run date with Amy, my neighbor.
Shortly after waking, I took 2 thrive capsules (that's the recommended dose).
Amy and I usually run 4 miles together and then sometimes, I'll run 2 more by myself. Well, I felt really good and ran 4 extra miles. What???

Am I interested in Thrive? Not really. It was cool, to try it though. I just can't justify the expense and I haven't done enough research on it. Since my friend recommended it and she's an NP, I trusted her opinion enough to give it a try. Trey is pretty interested in trying the men's formula. If he does, I'll let you know about his experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment