Friday, April 11, 2014

Las Vegas Pt 2 of 3

I can't believe I was considering wearing heels (at night, in Vegas), but the day before leaving Texas, Jeri and I talked and we were both like NO! That was a good decision! We walked so much! Even with flats, Jeri got blisters on her feet.

Tuesday (last night in Vegas)
As soon as the conference was over I went to the hotel convenient store and picked up a bottle of moscato. So, we had pre-drinks on the cheap at the hotel, while we were getting ready. Best idea ever!

Jeri insisted I wear her green dress, so we could sparkle together, since she was planning on wearing a similar dress, but in gold. We did a smell check…haha…seriously. It passed the test, so I wore it. We headed to Caesars Palace and had drinks at a bar called shadows. I never know what to get at a bar when they don't have a cocktail menu (a sign that I don't drink at bars, often). So, I ordered a margarita. It was delicious.

I have several celebrity chef obsessions and one of them is Bobby Flay! Jeri was awesome and made us reservations at his Resturant MESA Grill. If you go to Vegas, you have to go! Tell Bobby, I sent you. :)

One of my all time favorite quotes is from Mr. Flay.

“If you aren't nervous about your passion, you aren't passionate about it.”

The bar,  MESA Grill and a nightclub - Pure are all in Caesars Palace.
A club promoter approached us and gave us VIP passes to PURE. They also had free drinks for us until midnight. I felt super special and cool, until I asked someone how much cover was and he said he also got a VIP ticket.What? Haha. I found it comical. But really, if you want to go to a nightclub in Vegas don't pay the cover, just walk around and a prompter will most likely give you free admission. I'm not a club goer by any means, in fact before this trip, I had never been to one. I figured I might as well do it before I'm 30, plus - it was so much fun dancing. PURE was super nice!!! I liked the music better at PURE than at the bank. At the bank was more of a rap mix, PURE had more of a dance DJ type of mix going on. If that makes sense.

We ended our night by stopping for dessert one last time at the sprinkles ATM. It was about 3 am Texas time.

So that was my Vegas / 30th birthday celebration / workcation with my awesomely sweet friend, JerBear! I'd love to do it again next year!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment