Friday, December 20, 2013

Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker - Our First Ballet Together

Last night, we went to the Nutcracker at Bass Performance Hall courtesy of Dee Dee! This was Cheyenne's first full lenght ballet experience!
  Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
I surprised her with this new dress, for the special occasion. I wasn't sure how she was going to react, since it's primarily black (She lives in a pink world!)…to my relief she loved it.
Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
And sweet Bella was also excited. Both of the girls were good - not perfect, but overall I was impressed at how well they behaved. I told them it's important that they behave and listen to me, especially when we are out in public -- because if they do, I will take them out more often (to special events).
Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
Untitled Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
We had fantastic seats on the Orchestra floor --- seated  in the center aisle, right side. The girls are short and would've had a difficult time seeing over peoples shoulders, so we rented cushions from the hall. The girls didn't miss a thing. Trey didn't join us because he had to work.
Untitled
Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker    
   Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker      Untitled Ben Stevenson's The NutcrackerBen Stevenson's The Nutcracker
THE BEST thing about the show was at the end of ACT I, snow fell on the entire audience. It was so magical and fun! It was a night full of wonderful memories that I will cherish forever. I'm so glad I got to experience it with Chey, my sister and niece.  
Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker Ben Stevenson's The Nutcracker
Where was Dakota?
Well, Mrs. Amanda volunteered to keep her overnight for me. I was like, WHAT? Are you SURE? But my baby...And I'LL MISS HER….
But then after thinking about it, I was really grateful and said yes, thank you. I'll see her in the morning.

Don't worry about Dakota, she got lots of attention too. Luke made sure to massage her feet and they took her out to Olive Garden for dinner. You guys, I'm so thankful for Mrs. Amanda (and every time I see Mrs. Erin, I thank her for recommending her to me). Amanda is a wonderful friend and childcare provider.
  Untitled  Untitled
I'll leave you with this video: Well, I thought it was 1 video, but it seems to be some kind of playlist. I'm too lazy to figure it out so, here's a million of my YouTube videos too. Haha! Merry Christmas! 

No comments:

Post a Comment