Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring Fever: My Backyard Garden

Before I talk about the garden, I just want to say I'm sick.
I think I have a sinus infection. Saturday night, we went bowling with friends and that's when I started to feel like crap...I'm sure losing hard, had something to do with me feeling that way too.

Today, I'm staying at home and hopefully, I'll be back to normal, by tomorrow.

Ok, now let's talk about the garden!
Dakota
Here's what I have:
Cherry Tomatoes, Brussels Sprouts, Peppers, squash, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, lavender, basil, and oregano. 

This picture is when I started working on it....I know cilantro is good about reviving itself, year after year, but what about basil??? I wasn't sure, so I yanked it from the soil, since it looked pitiful. I replaced it with living basil.
Gardening
I don't own any fancy gardening tools, so I had to till the dirt with a shovel. Good workout! I added a ton of compost to the soil. There's a little bit of room to add more vegetables. I would love to have some lettuce in the garden. Also, I wouldn't mind having a bigger garden.
Gardening
While I was doing that, Dakota was inside, watching me through the window. We took a short break and FaceTime'd Trey and Cheyenne. Sunday, they went to Abilene, while Dakota and I stayed at home.
Dakota

No comments:

Post a Comment