Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Our San Antonio Weekend Getaway

Cheyenne said her favorite part of the entire trip was staying at the hotel. I told her we were staying at a Princess Hotel and she like the sound of that, although her facial expression in this photo does not reflect that enthusiasm.

We stayed at St. Anthony's, in the downtown area. The hotel was built in 1909. I love old architecture and this place was a beauty. In my opinion, our hotel room was really small, but overall, it was a pleasant experience.
San Antonio Weekend Getaway
The first night, Trey and I let Chey sleep between us. When we're at home, we don't let her sleep in our bed, so she loved cuddling with us in San Antonio. She favored Trey's side, so I slept with ample room on a queen size mattress. At one point, Trey woke up in the middle of the night and asked me to pull Chey towards my side of the bed. The next night, Trey asked housekeeping for a cot.
P.S. Dakota slept in a pack n play.
San Antonio Weekend Getaway
The girls were treated like royalty, we pushed them in strollers and/or carried Dakota in a sling, while we explored the city. I want to be a kid again!
San Antonio Weekend Getaway
On the last day of vacation, we made Chey walk and by the time we were walking back to the hotel, she started complaining. Trey carried both of the girls. He's stronger than me, that's for sure.
San Antonio Weekend Getaway
I really enjoyed the riverwalk. It was peaceful. A lot of people had cameras out, so I didn't feel like the only tourist out there.
San Antonio Weekend Getaway
We discovered a nice breakfast place called Shearton Gunter Bakery. We ate there twice for breakfast and spent less than $15 bucks each time. If you go to SA, I highly recommend this place!
 San Antonio Weekend Getaway
Outside on the patio at Gunter Bakery
San Antonio Weekend Getaway San Antonio Weekend Getaway
Trey Looking through a brochure, trying to find something to do, there is so much to do in San Antonio, I want to go back and explore the market and missions. San Antonio Weekend Getaway
One of our dinner treats was the Rainforest Cafe. The other place was Rita's Mexican Resturant.
This is the Ceiling at Rainforest Cafe.
San Antonio Weekend Getaway
San Antonio all I have to say is you make amazing breakfast tacos, your riverwalk is gorgeous, and your city smells like tortillas. We'll be back for sure!
San Antonio Weekend Getaway

No comments:

Post a Comment