Friday, August 10, 2012

The I* Word - *Injured & My Week in Photos

I'll cry about my injury later, but first this...

The day my complimentary sirus subscription ends, is going to be a sad day. As much as I'd like to renew it, I don't see that happening. I don't recall what the exact numbers where, to keep it, but I remember thinking, no way, am I going to pay that each month for radio. 

But I can enjoy it, while I still have it....At the moment, my favorite station is ALT Nation. It's alternative music, I rarely hear on the radio. Shins, Silversun Pickups, Matt and Kim, and more.
#sirius
It's been a photo-tastic week, at home and at work.
Taking photos
This week, I've been taking headshots of faculty and staff. I don't have a studio, so this is my make-shift studio. It gets the job done. At the end of the day, I put my equipment away and the area is used as a skills lab, for nursing students.
Photo shoot
My Ankle's Giving Me Grief
When it comes to running, I've dealt with sore muscles, cranky pain that has lasted a few days, and I've had to sit out for a few months because of pregnancy. but I've never had a full blown injury ===== WEll, not until now. 

I'm going on two weeks with my ankles feeling like crap. I think it's a combination of two things: 
1. Getting back into running, after having to take time off (pregnancy) 
2. My running shoes
They Arrived
I got these shoes right before I stopped running. However, I used them all the time for cross training, but I don't think they agree with my running feet. The other week, I ran 10 miles (not all at once, over the course of a week) in them and that's when the problems started. 

When I get to the point, when I'm feeling well enough to run again, I'm going to go back to using my old running shoes. They have a ton of miles on them, but I think it will be better than wearing the Altra's. In the meantime, I need to heal and decide what kind of running shoes I will buy next.  

No comments:

Post a Comment