Monday, April 23, 2012

Pregnancy. Things I Miss. Things I Enjoy. Plus, Garden Update

Since, I'm pregnant, there are things I miss.
1. Wine - When I use to work from home on freelance projects, I would love to sit down and drink a few glasses of wine. Lately, I've been working on side projects and I miss my Moscato. I guess, I could remedy it by making a pot of decaf coffee. I'll try that.
2. Feeling Normal - I miss the feeling of feeling good all the time. Lately, my body is achy. At first it was mainly in the morning, but here lately, it's at any given point in the day. I'll be sitting down and then I'll get up and I'll have a sharp sting of pain in my back.
3. Running - I especially miss my long runs on Saturday Mornings. When I get back into running, I know I will have to start off slow (like a snail) and build my endurance and miles back up to where it was. I have a feeling 6 miles will be my new long run distance, at least for a while. Somewhere my old ultra marathon self is laughing at me. Remember those 14, 16, 18, 20 mile long runs? I MISS IT!!!!!!!
4. Eating Like an Ultra Marathoner and Burning Calories Like an Ultra Marathoner - Enough said. Now, I just eat, like a pregnant woman. HA!
5. Margaritas - I know. I know....another alcoholic beverage. I don't want you guys to think I'm an addict (I'm not), but I seriously miss Margaritas! What makes it even worse is that Trey never drank them before, he's not much of a drinker to begin with...but now anytime we go out for Mexican food he'll order one. I'll take a sip, of his, but it's such a tease. I hate him, when he drinks in front of me because he just rubs it in...

It's not all gloom and doom. I also have a list of the things I enjoy about being pregnant.
1. The smiles I get from strangers when they notice I'm pregnant.
2. Belly rubs from friends and family.
3. Helping Hands - It's nice how Trey has been so helpful. When we're together, he carries items for me because he knows it strains my back when I lift anything that is heavy. He is also good about helping me with Cheyenne if she needs to be carried.
4. Sleeping in - As the weeks go by, I'm getting better at this -- I'm allowing myself to sleep in, instead of waking up during the work week at 4 am, I'm waking up at 5 am. During the weekend, I've been sleeping in until 7:30 am -- which feels so late, but my body really needs the rest.


Here is my DailyMile Stats from last week. I logged quite a few miles on the bike at the Monte Carlo and at the gym, yesterday.
DailyMile 4/16 - 4/22
Walking 2 miles
Cycling: 44 Miles
Elliptical: 10 minutes
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GARDEN UPDATE
I realized I haven't said much about our family garden. Well, it's doing great. I'll post some recent pictures soon, but here are some photos that are are just a few weeks old.

If I don't watch Cheyenne she'll drown everything, but as long as I supervise, she's does a good job. She really is a good helper.
Our Family Garden
My Cilantro has really taken off. If you want some, let me know, I've got plenty!
Our Family Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment