Sunday, October 16, 2011

Part 2: Palo Duro 50K Trail Race 2011

Today, I am sore and tired. I've never been this sore after a race.
2011 Palo Duro 50K Trail Race
I'm going to need a week or more to recover. And people say, recovering from a trail race is easier on the body. Lies!
2011 Palo Duro 50K Trail Race
Yesterday, when I got back to the hotel, I filled the bathtub with cold water, while Trey walked down the hall to get me a bucket of ice. I took my first ice bath and felt like a real athlete. If it wasn't for Trey, I don't think I would've done it. He really wanted me to, so he could dump the ice on me. He likes torturing me. He was laughing, while I was shivering.

I'm in the process of writing my full race report. More on that later. I'm also waiting on the official race results. I have no idea how my time will measure up to the rest of the trail runners. I'm dying to see!
2011 Palo Duro 50K Trail Race

Previous Post:

Part 1: Palo Duro 50K Trail Race 2011




No comments:

Post a Comment