Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Hey Trail, Do You Remember Me?

Guess, who got all brave and ventured out to the woods? Me. And I didn't scream once.

Yes, I've been known to scream while running the trail. It usually happens, when a wild creature abruptly moves in the bushes. Saturday, I saw a snake. I had to divert my route because I wasn't sure what direction the monster was going. I backed my butt up and did an about face. I saw another reptile in the wild, a lizard about the size of a squirrel.
Trail Running
Since I started my run, pre-dawn,  I found a medium size grass track and ran circles until sunrise. When the sun came up, I was off to the scary trail (refer to picture below). Would you go in there?
 Trail Running
Not all of it looked like that. The picture above only represents a small portion of the trail. Wish I would've known that weeks ago.

In the open area, the sun killed most of the grass, so it was runner friendly. I knew this Texas heat was good for something.
Trail Running
I prefer running in the shaded area.
Trail Running
Uphill.
Trail Running

Here's my weekly stats from last week, right on target. It's a brand new week and I've already ran a 5 miler. I'm off to a great start.
DailyMile Week 5



No comments:

Post a Comment