Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pizza, Tornadoes, & A Storm Shelter

This evening we had a lovely dinner at Dave and Heather's house.
(picture from a few years ago, when we took the TRE to Dallas)
Dave & Heather
I knew storms were rolling thru, but I didn't think a tornado was likely. I took my last bite of dessert and that's when I heard tornado sirens. Heather was the first to say, let's go to the storm shelter. <----Yeah, they have an underground storm shelter in their backyard. I was thinking, YES! Let's GO NOW!!!!!

Cheyenne was freaking out and crying. Even though we were acting calm, she could sense something was wrong and she didn't want to leave the toys she was playing with....

 So, we huddled in the storm shelter, made jokes, Cheyenne peed in a bucket, Scott, Leah (38 wks prego) and their little family drove over to join us, I cursed myself for leaving my water bottle in the house (I'm OCD about water) and we just waited to get the word that we were in the clear.

From my understanding, there were warnings all over the DFW area. I'm at home safe and watching the news.

Thank you, God for your protection. 
(picture taken by Dave: Inside of the storm shelter)
Inside the Storm Shelter at Dave & Heather's Place

No comments:

Post a Comment