Monday, May 30, 2011

I Almost Forgot About Abilene Wind

Distance: 13.6 Miles
-10 miles running solo & 3.6 intervals with Linda
Duration: 1:37: 40 (10 miles)
Average Pace Per Mile: 9:45 (10 miles)

Early Sunday morning, I did my pre-run morning routine, which includes checking the weather forecast. 25 MPH WIND GUSTS! Give a runner a break! I forgot how windy it can get in Abilene. I seriously considered not running, but I sucked it up and told myself I would give it a try and if the wind was unbearable I would turn around. I left Trey's parents house and didn't look back. Once I got going, it wasn't that bad. Although, for the first 5 miles I was running head to head with the wind. I kept thinking, as soon as I hit 5 miles, I'm turning around and this wind is going to carry me in and it did. 

I ran a commercial route. There were blocks and blocks of gas stations and fast food places. I may start running this route, more often when I'm in town. The reason why I liked it so much is because I stopped at a fast food joint and got ice water and then again at a McDonald's to use the bathroom. It was convenient. I didn't have to worry about any sudden BM. What? Endurance runners you know what I'm talking about.

After running 10 miles, I planted myself on the cool pavement and waited for Linda to arrive.

We jogged/walked a good 3.6 miles.

Later, Trey and I met up with family at Buffalo Wild Wings.
Frank at Mom at Buffalo Wild Wings
Check out Angelica's pink highlights. She's super cool.
At Buffalo Wild Wings with my LOVES
After lunch and watched the Hangover 2 (AMAZINGLY FUNNY -- I was crying). That evening, we had a big get-together at Trey's parents house. Linda and Steve joined us too. They will be spending the summer in Abilene. That's so much closer than Oklahoma!
Hanging out with Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment