Wednesday, March 02, 2011

Something to Add to the Wardrobe

Did I really run a 50K a few days ago? I'm feeling super-duper and I feel like most of my soreness is gone. Like I promised myself, I've been staying on track with my recovery. I've rewarded myself with chocolate and since Monday, I've watched three movies. I think my treadmill is starting to collect dust. This evening, I will take a stab at running -- I know, already?...I'm feeling that good. I'm going to run with a group, so it should be more social than strenuous.

Ultra Marathon Finisher Long Sleeve Shirt -
It looks like a Texas Rangers Blue.
Front of the Finisher Shirt
Last year, when I finished the half marathon, race organizers ran out of small finisher shirts, so I got an XT Large for Trey. He likes wearing it to the gym, so people can think he's a runner. This year, there was no way in hell he was going to get my ultra finisher shirt! NO WAY!
Back of the shirt -
Back of the Finisher Shirt
Cheyenne and I took this picture at the expo. She accidently stole a pair of running socks from one of the vendors. Don't worry, I made her return them.
At the 2011 Cowtown Expo
Finisher Medal
2011 Cowtown Ultra Marathon Medel
Isis took this one, at Fuzzy's Taco, when we meet up after the race. I didn't want food, but I forced myself to eat it and mid-way through the meal, I gained an appetite and started to enjoy it. That evening, after I had a chance to rest-up a bit, I gained my appetite.
After the Cowtown Ultra at Fuzzy's Tacos
Technical Shirt - I think all the marathoners got this one in their race pack. I saw a few runners wearing them during the race.
Front: Technical Shirt
Back of the Technical Shirt. What am I, a running billboard?
Back: Technical Shirt
I finally unloaded all the "free" gels I accumulated from Sunday's race. Oh, and my favorite flavor is the vanilla bean. That worked out nicely for me. I kept stuffing my bra with these things because my back pocket was already full of the gels I had brought from home.

How much are gels these days? I'm guessing I saved about seven dollars picking up these freebies. While I was running by, one volunteer had a hard time handing them out, so he just tossed me a handful. I took two for myself and handed the rest to the runners around me. GU.GU.GU.
Free GU!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment